The solution for reducing the unbalancing was:
- Manifold channels diameters were optimized
- Nozzle series selected according to the part volume
- Suggested a specific setting for temperature and pin opening for each part.
The CAE analysis and the pressure loss calculation provided:
- For checking and limiting the eventual issues on the part (weld lines, warpage, etc).
- For the optimal flow balancing of all different size parts
It was suggested the colour change procedure and approach to reduce the total number of scrap parts.
|Part name:||Flower box|
500 x 180 x 150 mm
455 x 145 x 25 mm
190 x 22 x 15 mm
|Nominal weight:||587 g (415 + 163 + 9)|
|Nominal thickness||Average 2.5 mm|